Wednesday 26 January 2011

I watched the film "Dear John" in my English lesson. "Dear John" is a romantic drama, which was directed by Lasse Hallström.
This movie has two main characters. The first character is John, who is played by Channing Tatum, and the second one is Savannah Curtis, who is played by Amanda Seyfried.
This film concentrates on love. It talks about two people - John and Savannah and their magical relationship. John is a young soldier at home on leave, and Savannah Curtis is a college student on her spring vacation. They meet and as time goes by, they start dating. In a few weeks John goes back to the army and Savannah goes to college. During that period, John gets shot and Savannah gets married to a family friend. At the end of the movie John's father and Savannah's husband die, and Savannah and John meet in a cafe.
In my opinion, this movie is average. Nevertheless, I don't like it very much. The reason for this is that it is a romantic movie. I hate romantic movies, I'd much rather watch a comedy or an action movie. Even though it is a romantic movie and has a lot of love in it, I enjoyed watching it. It is very well made and has good actors as well. I like the fact that after all John and Savanna have gone through, they still end up being together. My expectations for this movie were not very high, but I must say I had a great time watching it. I would recommend this movie to girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment