Wednesday 26 January 2011

I watched the film "Dear John" in my English lesson with my classmates. It is an American romantic drama film. It is based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. The director of the film is Lasse Halstr̦m. The main characters are played by Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried. "Dear John" is quite a new film Рit was released on February 5, 2010.
It talks mostly about love. John is a Sergeant, who has only two weeks to spend in his hometown. He meets Savannah and they fall in love. During the time he is away, they keep in touch by sending letters. But as the time passes, it gets harder and harder to keep the relationship strong. One day, John receives a letter from Savannah, saying that she is engaged. He gets depressed. When John finally returns to his hometown after several years, they understand that they are still in love with each other and they get back together.
In my opinion, the film is very enjoyable. It talks about the difficulty of being separated from your loved one and I like it because romantic films are my favourite. It is emotional, because although there are several sad scenes – a break-up and death of John's father, the film is funny, because it makes you laugh more than once. I like the actors, because they make a cute couple. However, I don't like the end very much, because it is confusing.
Watching the film was a good experience, because as a whole the plot is interesting and I would recommend it to everyone, but especially to girls and people who are in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment